Network Audio Converter
- Standalone IP Audio Encoder Device with support for MP3, PCM and VoIP (uLAw/aLaw) audio codecs
- Supports IP streaming standards such as TCP/IP, RTP, SIP, Shoutcast, Multicast
- Simple bowser based device management, SNMP Monitoring
- Very low power requirements, high reliability
- Developed in Switzerland by Barix, known for reliable IP Streaming products since more than 10 years
- Live Encoder for Internet Radio applications
- Confidence Monitoring in Broadcast Applications
- Source Encoder for IP Audio distribution systems
- Background Music and Music-On-Hold encoder for IP Phone systems
- Shoutcast/Icecast source
- Low Latency Multicast Multichannel distribution of Audio for Video Walls
- G.711, G.722, PCM linear Encoding
- MP3 Encoding (low Latency)
- Shoutcast/Icecast Source capability
- Audio Level Supervision with SNMP Trap generation
- IP Streaming via TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast
- Line Level Input (Stereo)
- RS-232 Serial Port
- Power Supply (micro USB)
The Barix Instreamer is an upgraded version of the Instreamer 100, the original IP Audio encoder used in thousands of installations worldwide.
It is a versatile, network-enabled, generic analog audio IP encoder suitable for audio distribution, monitoring and transmission purposes in Broadcast, Retail, Security and Entertainment industries alike.
The Barix Instreamer samples and encodes audio from a (stereo or mono) analog source into high-quality MP3 or PCM/uLaw/aLaw streams with low latency.
The resulting audio stream then is distributed over IP using industry standard and application specific protocols (shoutcast, RTP and others, multicast supported) Network alarms (SNMP Traps) can be generated for configurable events such as loss of audio, audio levels above a certain threshold and the like.
Specific application firmware is available from Barix or can even be programmed by Barix and integrators alike to suit special, non-standard applications. One example is the Barix SIP application, which turns the Instreamer in an audio-dial or call-in monitoring device.
The Barix Instreamer can be easily configured and managed with a web browser. A link on the UI allows direct listening to the audio feed in real time.
With serial and Ethernet control APIs, open IP-standards and support for PCM, G.711 and MP3, the device can be integrated with other components, controlled by automation systems, or used with Barix’s Exstreamer to create flexible, standardsbased and cost effective solutions in many markets.
Installing the Barix Instreamer is fast and simple due to its unique features - SonicIP and IPzator:The device announces its IP address over the audio output after power-up! Further documentation and software at Barix
The Instreamer supports various control and communication modes. Software developers can easily write audio applications using one of the well-documented Ethernet, serial, or web-based interfaces.
- 5V, max. 1A through Micro-B USB connector
- External power adaptor, 100-240VAC, 5W, included
- RJ45, 10/100Mbps auto, Link & Activity LEDs
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, DHCP, SNMP, SIP
- AutoIP, SonicIP, IPZator to ease address assignment
- 300..230´400 Baud asynchronous, 7/8 bit
- DSub 9 pin male
- serial tunnel, control and metadata input support
- RCA connectors, unbalanced, 2 kOhm impedance
- Clipping level 5.3 dBu, 4 Vpp
- Frequency response (-3dB) 20..20´000 Hz *
- Signal to Noise Ratio 89dB, THD <0.03%
- Stereo crosstalk -89dB
- Input signal attenuable by software setting (-3..+19.5dB)
- 3.5mm jack
- volume adjustable via browser
- announcement of IP address (SonicIP)
- general purpose audio output, depending on used codec
- MP3, encoding/decoding up to 192/320kbps
- VBR and CBR support
- PCM 16bit @8, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
- G.711, uLaw, aLaw (sample rates same as PCM)
- Aluminum case, 225g, separate mounting bracket
- available 4.25" x 1.5" x 3.1" (108mm x 38mm x 78.7 mm)
- Proprietary multitasking OS
- Application firmware packages available from Barix
- Development Environment for custom functionality
- (ABCL development kit) available free of charge
- (calculated according to MIL217F at 25°C) min. 540 000h
* depends on used codec, best results @48kHz PCM
PDF Barix Instreamer Datasheet (406.7 kB) Audio Signage HowTo (301.4 kB)